Micellar water – Gentle, thorough cleansing
Micellar cleansing water effectively removes make-up and dirt particles. Since it is very gentle on the skin, it is even suitable for removing make-up from the sensitive skin around the eyes. At parfumdreams, you will find a wide selection of products that meet the requirements of different skin types. The product range includes everything from micellar water for make-up removal to cleansing micellar water for blemish-prone skin and anti-ageing products with hyaluronic acid, which nourish the skin even more intensively.
What is micellar water?
Micelles are nano-sized molecule groups that have a hydrophobic core and a hydrophilic shell. The molecules attract dirt like a magnet. The micelles trap this dirt so that it can be quickly and easily removed without drying out or irritating the skin. Micellar water cleans down to the deeper layers of skin without the need for pressure or vigorous rubbing.
Thanks to the modern micellar technology, instead of make-up remover and face toner, you only need one product that cleanses your skin quickly and thoroughly. At the same time, micellar cleansing water also hydrates the skin. Just like a toner, it prevents the epidermis from drying out and minimises skin irritation.
How do you use micellar water to remove make-up?
To clean your skin, soak a cotton wool pad with micellar water and run the pad over your face softly. The active ingredients attract make-up, sebum and dirt like a magnet, which means that you can keep your skin deep into the pores in a single step. Some products are even able to remove water-resistant eyeliner or mascara. To do this, you simply place the pad on your closed eyelid and wipe away the residue without applying pressure.
Tip: For quick and thorough cleaning while on the go or travelling, you can get cleansing wipes that are pre-soaked in micellar water. These save space in your suitcase and are very convenient.
Micellar cleansing water for different skin types
Micellar water for make-up removal is generally well tolerated by the skin. Hypoallergenic variants are even suitable for sensitive skin that is prone to redness thanks to their low allergenic potential. When choosing a micellar water product, you should make sure that the one you choose is right for your skin type:
- Sensitive skin: Those with highly sensitive skin should choose a micellar water for make-up removal that does not contain fragrances, alcohol or preservatives. Organic hemp, dexpanthenol and grape seed oil soothe irritated skin.
- Dry skin: Glycerine and hyaluronic acid are two of the most important moisturising agents in micellar water and increase the elasticity of the skin.
- Impure skin: Those that tend to get pimples and blackheads should opt for a product that gently cleanses the skin. These products do not contain alcohol to avoid additional skin irritation. Variants with anti-bacterial properties soothe skin irritation and also prevent new blemishes from forming.
- Oily skin/combination skin: Variants with salicylic acid have an anti-inflammatory effect. Many micellar waters for this kind of skin contain alcohol, in order to draw out excess oil from the skin.
- Mature skin: Products with hyaluronic acid moisturise the epidermis and have a plumping effect on the skin. They give the skin a fresh feeling and support a rosy complexion. Antioxidants have a vitalising effect on the skin.
Micellar water is often used as the first step in a thorough face cleansing routine. For the second step, cleansing with a cleansing gel or cleansing oil is recommended to really make sure that you have removed all of the make-up residues that have accumulated throughout the day.
Buy micellar cleansing water at parfumdreams
Micellar water is suitable for thorough cleansing of all skin types – which makes it a real all-rounder. Find your new favourite micellar water now at parfumdreams.