Protect your skin skin from environmental stress with rich moisturisers
Young or old, male or female – all skin needs moisture. The skin is the body’s biggest organ and every day it is impacted by external factors such as sunlight or A/C. A rich moisturiser maintains the skin’s natural protective barrier for soft and supple skin.
How does skin benefit from moisturiser?
Moisturisers have different effects on the skin:
- They fight dryness for a feeling of freshness.
- They can prevent signs of ageing.
- They nourish skin with nutrients and vitamins so that it stays supple and maintains its natural barrier.
- They can even protect against harmful UV light, if the moisturiser contains SPF.
Amoisturiser with SPF should be used in winter as well as summer. The sun’s UV light is always there, even on overcast days. The higher the SPF, the more your skin is protected. Sunlight is the main cause of skin ageing.
Moisturiser: Oily or oil free? Choose from either option
Not only your face needs regular hydration with a moisturiser, your body also needs cream to nourish and revitalise the skin. If you’re prone to spots or acne, you should use oil-free moisturisers, because they reduce the risk of blocked pores.
But even straightforward normal skin can benefit from oil-free moisturisers. Modern formulas provide skin with moisture throughout the day, without making it greasy.
Moisturiser: Which ingredients for which skin?
Moisturisers contain different ingredients depending on the skin type:
- Soothing chamomile is suited to skin which tends to suffer from redness and irritation.
- Green tea also soothes irritated skin and it has an anti-oxidative effect.
- Aloe vera is well-suited to severely dry skin as it provides rich longlasting hydration.
- Ginkgo boosts circulation and reduces inflammation.
- Shea butter nourishes severely dry and stressed skin and can even relieve itchy skin.
- Hyaluronic acid hydrates for up to 24 hours and replenishes the skin with sufficient moisture.
- Retinol visibly reduces pigmentation spots, acne scars and fine lines: for a more refined complexion.
- Q10 helps to regenerate cells and it is especially popular in anti-ageing creams.
Our skin has diverse needs, depending on age. While young skin is often affected by hormonal fluctuations and teenagers tend to suffer more from acne, for example, older people need more anti-ageing products to help skin appear fresher and younger.
A good moisturiser is the foundation of every skincare routine and should be applied to clean skin in the morning and at night. It helps skin to retain its glow and prevents it from irritation, redness, and a feeling of tightness.
Find the right moisturiser at parfumdreams
For highly sensitive skin, we recommend a moisturiser without fragrances. These can irritate the skin and lead to redness and other issues.
At parfumdreams everyone can find the right moisturiser and take advantage of our huge range of products. Whether natural or designer cosmetics and creams, we have everything your skin needs!